B Visa

The visitor visa is a type of nonimmigrant visa for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for business (B-1) or for pleasure, tourism or medical treatment (B-2). International travelers with visitor visas comprise a large portion of temporary visitor travel to the United States every year. For how-to-apply information, documentation requirements and more, see these webpages:

– Visitor Visas for Business and Pleasure (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html)

– Business Travel to the United States – What Type of U.S. Visa Will You Need? (pdf)

– Business Visa Center – For companies in the U.S., seeking business (B-1) visitor visa, B Visa, information (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html)

More Information

Students, temporary workers, journalists and persons planning to travel to the U.S. for a purpose other than that permitted on a visitor visa, B Visa, must apply for a different visa in the appropriate category.

Travel Without a Visa – Foreign citizens traveling for visitor visa purposes only, from certain eligible countries may also be able to visit the U.S. without a visa, through the Visa Waiver Program if they meet requirements, including having a valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) approval. Additionally, citizens of Canada and Bermuda traveling for visitor visa purposes don’t need a visa, with some exceptions.

For more information regarding travel and tourism in the United States please visitDiscoverAmerica.org, the official travel and tourism website of the United States.

Tax Information

Review the Internal Revenue Service website information about United States tax requirements for certain foreign citizens engaged in business or trade in the U.S., since many will have an obligation to file a U.S. tax return.