Are you living in the United States and looking for help for your E-2 Visa? Rockrose Realty Inc. has all the answers to your concerns. Whether you have a business for sale or looking for E2 visa requirements, Rockrose Realty Inc. is always at your help.

The E-2 is a non-immigrant visa that allows an individual to establish or purchase a business in the United States. People residing within or outside the U.S. may be eligible for the visa if their country has an appropriate treaty with the U.S. The E2 visa requirements have changed over time and the investment amount for new and existing business may differ. Contact us for more details.


E2 Visa Requirements


If you are residing in the U.S. and want to change your visa type to E-2 then you must fall into the following category:

  • You have to be a citizen of the country (either U.S. or other treaty country)


  • Must have at least 50% of the ownership in the business


  • Must have invested a significant amount in the business capital

However, if you are planning to send an employee to the country for business purpose, he or she must:

  • hold the same nationality as the employer


  • be an executive or manager in the principal company


E-2 visa for New Business


Some business may require a huge amount of capital while some may require a little. It is said that investment amount for the E-2 visa has to be $100,000, which is not true. The investment amount has to be what it would cost you to set up a particular type of a new business. For example, if you were planning to start a salon, you would need a space, equipment, furniture and some miscellaneous expenses like beauty products before applying for the visa. The only drawback for starting a new business is the necessary expenditures need to make prior the submission of visa form instead of just putting the funds into the bank account.


E-2 visa for Existing Business/Business for Sale


If you are planning to purchase an existing business, the investment might differ from the new business. The investment amount is the actual purchase price of the business. Another benefit is you could get it financed for no more than 25% to 30%; however, the U.S. visa center has not provided any guidelines for it, but the condition is that the business should not be mortgaged for a loan. You may get some financial help from your family or friends. For example, if you plan to invest in the motel business, you must invest 50% to get the equal partnership.


Contact Us


If you are planning to apply for E-2 visa or have business for sale then Rockrose Realty Inc. is the right place for you. From understanding the E2 visa requirements to applying for the visa, our qualified team will help you with everything. You can visit our office or our official website Rockrose Realty Inc.